Many thanks to Gainsville’s Mr. Tom Petty for the lyric we stole to make that kinda trite headline.
So, the swedes are in. Lots o’ swedes. Lots of good, lots of bad, lots in between. We’re doing our jobs going through all of the footage; have you done yours?
Because your only job, at this point, is to buy your tickets. Oh, and VIP tickets are all sold out. None left. Nada. Nein. Non. Just General Admission advance tickets for $8 bucks. And we highly recommend you buy them online and in advance. IF (and that’s a big if, people) we have any left the night of the show, they will be $9, cash only.
And do you really want to get all snazzied up, drive to Palm Beach Gardens, stand in line with your crumpled Abe and four Washingtons, only to find out YOU CAN’T COME IN?? The walk of shame back to your car will be sort of embarrassing.
You’ll be missing out on the potent bevvies from Potions in Motion, music by DJ Sean Hennessey, the big screen in the lobby looping the swedes that didn’t make the finals, and our fab step-and-repeat with photographer John Sessa, who will capture you in all your cinematic drag..
We still need some volunteers, for you intrepid souls who like to be helpful, get in free, and hang out with the cool folks who organize this madness. Email Belle Forino at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re feeling all interested.
swede fest™palm beach 3
- Saturday, August 2, 2014
- The Borland Center for Performing Arts on Mainstreet at Midtown, 4801 PGA Boulevard
- Doors open at 5:30 PM so you can pick up your WILL CALL tickets and enjoy the lobby ambiance
- VIP ticket holders enter the theater at 6:25 PM
- GA ticket holders enter the theater at 6:40 PM
- Festival starts at 7:00 PM
- Theater doors close at 7:05 PM
- Once you enter the theater, you will pick up a program, voting card, and pencil, then find your seat. Due to the sell-out crowd, please do not leave gaps in the rows. We’ll ask you to scoot over as the theater fills up, and all the heavy sighing is unnecessary. We’re one big sweding family.
As always, swede fest™palm beach 3 is brought to you by Mainstreet at Midtown, because they’re just cool that way.