We know you’ve been waiting for it. You want to know if you’re in it. So, without further ado, here is New Vision Productions’ video of SWEDE FEST 2 PALM BEACH…
2013 The Making of Swede Fest 2 Palm Beach from swede fest palm beach on Vimeo.
Share it with friends! Share it with strangers! And don’t forget to put next year’s event on your calendar now: August 2, 2014.
…for us, anyway. The swedes are in!
Anticipation is building for our quirky little event, and tickets are selling. Remember that The Borland’s capacity is only 500 — and we sold out last year. The time is now to drop your Lincolns and grab your tix; they’ll be $6 cash at the door. And who carries that stuff anymore, we ask?
Stuff to look forward to on Saturday, July 27, 2013…
- Emcee Will Watkins tribute to Mystery Science Theater 3000, cleverly titled Mystery Swede Theater 3000.
- How Will characterizes himself on Facebook: I smell like cigarettes but do not smoke. I smell like beer but do not drink. I smell like success but am not famous. I am a stand-up comedian.
- Booze-based drinkies from Potions in Motion. Yes, they will also serve non-alcoholic beverages.
- We’re busting out the step-and-repeat so that you can stand in front of it and look like a true Hollywood type in the event pics.
- DJ Victor Russo, in case you plan to totally bust a move on the red carpet.
- New Vision Productions will have a film crew out again this year. So, if they didn’t capture you yelling “swede fest palm beach” into the camera last year…well, there’s hope.
- Oceana Coffee will be open in The Borland Center’s lobby for your caffeinated pleasure. Plus, they serve food.
- Comparing your glitter-bombed sartorial choices with those of your peers.
- This year’s Audience Favorite Award (our equivalent of Best Picture for the Oscar-obsessed), which is NOT a tour of Digital Domain. Sorry again, Jonah and Noah. With that in mind, this year’s winner gets cool editing software.
- At least 90 minutes of swede-based laughs and cushy seats.
- The after-party at Cantina Laredo.
Buy your tickets. Mark your calendars. Plan your wardrobe. Tell your friends.
SWEDE FEST™ 2 PALM BEACH is brought to you by Mainstreet at Midtown, home of excellent events.
Think of it as the swede of SWEDE FEST™ PALM BEACH 2012. Only there was never a big-budget original.
Okay, so the analogy doesn’t really work, but if you were at swede fest™ palm beach 2012, you’ll recall the crew that was recording all the action. The photographers. The screaming fans. The swede directors and their entourages. The pretty blonde sticking a mic in your face and asking you to yell out “SWEDE FEST PALM BEACH!”
Or not, if you ate too many Hollywood Cupcakes and had a few too many Potions in Motion and it’s all a head-pounding sugary blur.
And if you weren’t there, this 3-minute “ode to the swede” (produced by New Vision Productions) will make you feel like you’re right there on the pleasantly neutral carpet of the Borland Center for Performing Arts that fateful Friday night in August before the lights dimmed, everyone opened their programs and took out their ballots so they could vote for the “Audience Favorite Award” from Digital Domain, swedes began to roll, and the guys from The Jove Comedy Experience started heckling the audience in a brilliant reverse stand-up comedy move.
And it was all brought to you by Mainstreet at Midtown, which is much cooler that you thought, right?