Thought we’d remind you of the GREAT TIME we had last year at the very first SWEDE FEST™ PALM BEACH. The event sold out, 500 people showed up, we had almost 40 swedes to screen by filmmakers age 10 to 60, and the winning “Audience Favorite” film was a swede of THE HULK by Jonah and Noah Kalter (aged 10 and 11).
Now, just so you know, Jonah and Noah are swedeing again this year, so best bring your A game, Kubrick. And no, we won’t tell you what film they’re sweding. We’ll only tell you all the movies people have called dibs on. That’s it. So if those boys win again, it’s because their swede kicked your swede’s butt.
Stuff making an appearance at this year’s SWEDE FEST 2™ PALM BEACH:
- Emcee Will Watkins, who will be conducting a live “Mystery
ScienceSwede Theater 3000″ for your viewing pleasure.
- The Audience Favorite Award — this year, the prize is video editing software!
- Munchies from Oceana Coffee and Hollywood Cupcake.
- Bevvies (both with and sans alcohol) by Potions in Motion.
- Photographers AJ Shore and whoever they send from Florida Weekly (plus that way-cool step-and-repeat thingy).
- Swag table by Yelp!
- Camera crew shooting live video for New Vision Productions.
- Wrap party at Cantina Laredo.
There will be more stuff to talk about as we get closer to July 27th. But all you really need to do right now is call dibs on your movie and get it to us by Tuesday, July 9 before 11:59 PM. Wanna know what movies you can’t swede? Here’s the latest list (most recent claims at the top)…
- Roman Holiday
- Moby Dick
- Life of Pi
- The Avengers
- Little Shop of Horrors
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Dark Knight Rises
- Back to the Future
- The Exorcist
- Edward Scissorhands
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Dead Man Down
- The Shining
- Starship Troopers
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- Napoleon Dynamite
- They Live
- Point Break
Oh, and we should point out that there are EIGHT film in the Harry Potter oeuvre, meaning there are potentially eight Harry Potter swedes. Not that we’re encouraging that sort of insanity. There are four Alien movies, plus one prequel and two AVPs; six Star Wars movies…do you get where we’re going with this? All we care about is NOT having two swedes of the exact same film, people. And that whatever film you swede, you figure out a creative way to make your three minutes come in at a gentle PG-13, even if you source material is not. That means no nudity, f-bombs, or gratuitous violence. If the pre-teens can do it, so can you.
SWEDE FEST 2™ PALM BEACH is on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 7:00 pm at the Borland Center for Performing Arts on Mainstreet at Midtown, which is bringing you this madness — and is getting quite the rep for cool events. Buy tickets NOW.